Monday, February 22, 2010

Hair restoration surgeons vs dermatologists?

26 and have all my hair but I know that hair loss runs on my dad's side of the family. I may have thinned a little on the sides and receded a tiny bit.(but still Norwood 1) Want to protect my hair from future loss but would rather try and stay away from Propecia cuz its costly and may have to take it for life.The fact that I have my hair now at age 26, it may not be the best idea for my health. Saw a well-known hair restoration surgeon who told me that I had extremely early symptoms of thinning (from the fact that I told him my father/uncle had hair loss) and that I should take propecia right away. I found it hard to believe so I went to the derms who agreed that I receded a little but it was not serious. There was no need to be aggressive with medication and that I may be fine for the next 20-30 years. They advised that I take it if i started showing noticeable signs.Who should I trust, derms or the hair doc?Hair restoration surgeons vs dermatologists?
Stop worrying and don't try to go against your genes. What's artificial never looks right anyway. A guy trying to keep baldness at bay is as ridiculous in the eyes of the world as a flat-chested girl trying to hide the fact she's flat.





In any case, there's no shortage of girls who know that baldness is caused by testosterone and guys who are bald are sexy. The women come flocking -- so you're wasting your time, energy and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment